Thursday, December 22, 2011

I must be Crazy 4



Crazy stuff



One day Mind Movies sent me an email that proved to be the big turning point in my internet career. They invited me to register for a webinar that was being held by two real estate moguls that had a program designed to help people build internet businesses.  I thought about it for a minute, checked my work schedule to see if I'd be free during the webinar and decided it might be worth watching, so I signed up.

The company is MindProtein.com; they have a blog page that looks pretty interesting and can be very educational.  It was a company started by Ralph and Matt, who had a successful real estate business and were branching out to other web-based ventures.     
  
It looked like they had some insider information to sell that could be useful.  I'd seen a lot of get rich quick schemes on line and was completely prepared  for this webinar to be the same thing, but I'd learned all sorts of things watching and reading the free stuff and figured a little more information wouldn't hurt.  I work in television and am bombarded eight hours a day by commercials and half hour ads that sell everything and anything, so I was immune to sales pitches.  At least most of them.  I do have an exercise machine and a Magic Bullet, but at least I use them on a regular basis.
 
I was hoping I'd be immune to this sales pitch.


I was not.


The video started innocently enough.  The facilitators, Natalie and Ryan, talked calmly about who we, the audience, were going to meet, how successful they were, and how they had a fantastic opportunity to offer only 15 people.  The scene started out with Natalie and Ryan sitting in a SUV, driving down a street in San Diego, on their way to a meeting with Than and Paul.  "We" get out of the car, head into a building, meet Than and Paul, then head to a conference room.  "We" sit at one end of a conference table and they sit at the other, where they start a conversation about why we are there.  Than and Paul talk a little about themselves, how they started their business and why they were now talking to us.  


They were looking for people who wanted to start their own businesses or grow what they already have on line.  They promised that they could teach us everything we needed to know to be successful.  They said that they learned so much through their own growth, that they had a so much information to share, they now wanted to teach.  By the end of the video, they had me convinced that they could help anybody who was willing to work, learn, and had a good product to sell, and they were only going to help 15 of the most promising businesses.


I thought, what the heck.  I'll send them my idea.  Surely there'll be 15 better ideas coming across their table than mine.  


Surprisingly they called me back.  They liked my idea.  All I had to do was "invest" in myself.  


I don't know what it was about this sales pitch, but I bit.  I gave them my credit card number and started my venture.  In the back of my mind I was aware of what trouble I was setting myself up for, but for some reason I felt this was what I should do.  My television job was evolving into a computerized business, one where people will no longer be needed before I get to retire, I had no debt, and I had the money to "invest" in myself.  If I were to start a new career, this would be the time to try.  All I needed was some guidance and a good push.  My credit card bill was the good push.  Plus, I figured, if I failed, I could still pay off my credit card and life would go on as usual.  


Now, after a few months working with these guys and their coaching team, I've decided that I might be able to pay off my credit card, but my life will never go back to the usual.  I not only can't believe what I'm doing, I can't imagine myself not doing it.  It's too late to go back. 
  



Next, I'll tell you what I've learned and if it's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting reading....explains a lot of behaviors...... Good job Val!!! Go for it!!

    ReplyDelete