Thursday, February 16, 2012

Train Your Brain! (Brain Entrainment)

What is Brain Entrainment?      


    I was talking to my Mind Protein coach one day about what I'd accomplished in the previous weeks and what I wanted to accomplish in the next two, when he suggested I get in touch with another student.  She was working on a marketing project with this guy who had developed a set of audios designed to enhance your brain power.  Intrigued, I chose to believe he meant that this might be a good sales opportunity and not a comment on my lack of intelligence, and emailed her.  I'd heard of brain entrainment and had always wanted to try it and I figured I could kill two birds with one tone, so to speak; improve my brain power while helping out a fellow student and her client. 

    So, what is brain entrainment, you might ask?

    We all know that our brains are electrically charged and scientists can measure our brainwave activity via sensitive electronic equipment, such as with an EEG, or electroencephalogram machine.  They discovered that the activity can be affected externally by pulses of light or sound and the electrical response of the brain to this type of stimulus is called brainwave entrainment.  Depending on the frequency of the pulse, the brain responds by synchronizing its own electric cycle to the same rhythm of the pulse to create specific brain activity.  You can improve your state of creativity, concentration, sleep, meditation, etc. with regular exposure to these pulses.


    Research has shown that you need at least 6 full minutes at any desired frequency to allow the brain to entrain to it.  Any unwanted sounds, such as music or someone talking in a nonrhythmic manner, that occur during the presentation of the main tone actually get in the way of the entrainment process.  What you hear on the audios is a steady pulse of electronic beats that stimulate your brain to match the frequency of the audio and enhance your brain's activity.  I looked at these pictures and thought, hey, it'd be nice to actually use most of my brain  instead of straining what little is actually working.  It'd be a nice change to be able to communicate efficiently and remember what I had for breakfast.. 

    Even though they warn people with brain issues, like epilepsy, about using these audio systems, I decided it was worth a try.

    Lisa, my contact, is working with Morry Zelcovitch, a certified brainwave entrainment engineer, who has developed his own program of brain boosting audios.  I told her that I'd like to try one of his audio systems, then I'd write about what I thought of it.  She immediately sent me one of his three-audio systems and I downloaded them onto my MP3 player.  After listening to them on a regular basis I'm supposed to be able to think more clearly,  be better at solving problems, reduce mental fatigue, and just plain use more of my brain.

    Woo, hoo!  I thought.  I am ready for a good brain booster.  That day I set out to improve my brain function and listened to the Alpha-Flight audio.  Very interesting.  It was almost like listening to a super fast train on a super smooth track.


    Morry's product is called The Morry Method and he has a nice web site that explains what his program is designed to do.  Go to www.themorrymethod.com and read the testimonials that he has posted.  The three audios Linda sent me were called,  Digital Coffee, Alpha Flight and Quantum Confidence.  I was supposed to listen to Digital Coffee in the morning, Alpha Flight in the afternoons and Quantum Confidence about two hours before bed every day for two to three months.

    Hah!  It's been a couple of weeks now, and I've managed to listen to Digital Coffee most mornings and Alpha Flight most evenings, both while in bed.  They're each almost 20 minutes long, and I have a difficult time stopping everything to sit still with my MP3 player three times a day.  But I keep trying.  At this rate, though, I'll never have Quantum Confidence.

    I've been trying to notice any changes with my brain power.  What I've noticed is this:  my hot flashes increased and my sense of smell has improved.  And yesterday I was able to hold onto a set of numbers that I had to use as a password to a new account.  That was new for me.  Usually those numbers flitter out of my brain before I get a chance to click on the next open page.  So, maybe this brain entrainment is working.  Maybe two months from now I'll be able to create a website a day, like my Mind Protein mentors insist I should be able to do by now.  


    Sigh.   I just went to Morry's Facebook Page and saw that the Quantum Confidence is supposed to go to the root cause of what's holding me back.  Looks like I'll have to try harder to listen to it.  Check out his page and click on the "Learn about the method" tab to get a free sample of his Quantum Mind Power System.  Become a fan and maybe he'll invite you  to a free webinar about his program. 

I'm going to continue listening to these audios and report back to you about how it's working.  I'm not sure I'm supposed to have physical reactions, and it's hard to know what my brain is doing even on a good day, but I'm sure to notice when I actually feel smarter.  Or at least remember what I had for breakfast. 
  

2 comments:

  1. This is a great article, Thanks for giving me this information. Keep posting. http://www.brainwavelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beta brainwave vibration is one of the fastest frequencies we experience and is usually where we spend a good part of our day. Beta is the outside world, the home of the ego. Too much of this brainwave frequency can stress out your system, and be very detrimental to your health, mentally and physically.

    ilchi lee prayer of peace

    ReplyDelete