Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I'm Hooked

Really, I'm Hooked

 


For the past month I've been working the early shift at work - 3:30am to noon.  It's not a shift for the weak.  My coworkers have been working this crazy shift for years, and I have to say that I couldn't have done it; it was hard enough to manage two weeks and still have the energy to deal with the home and "kids".  In the past it's always been pretty painful to go to bed in the afternoon to get up in the middle of the night, then try to stay cheerful and sharp until noon and be a likeable human being when I get home.  But my income has been tight of late, and when the boss asked me to work some mornings this past month I decided I needed to bite the bullet and just do it.

I was surprised that it wasn't as painful as I remembered.  

Don't get me wrong, it's still a crappy shift, but I think I know why it was easier for me to do it this time.  It has to be the combination of the brain entrainment, Gano Express coffee, and the energy transmissions.  

There were times when I was pleasantly surprised by my memory.  I could go from computer station to station and retain the codes and numbers I needed to carry to each computer.  I was able to keep my sense of humor and energy level up even after my normal crash time of 9am, and I didn't crave the caffeine and sugar I usually craved to stay awake, even after a minimal amount of sleep when I was home.  

I took my Gano coffee to work and drank a cup every day.  There was a huge difference in how I felt before the coffee and after; it raised my spirits and energy and kept me going all morning long, and I only needed one cup.  Also, I didn't get the acid stomach I usually get that time of the morning when I drink coffee or tea which meant I didn't have to take my morning Mylanta.  I made the mistake one day after work of drinking a cup of the Gano tea and had a lot of trouble getting to sleep that afternoon - a mistake I won't make again.  It couldn't have been the caffeine; the tea is caffeine free, plus I've ingested a ton of caffeine during my life and never had any problems sleeping, especially after getting that tired.  My morning staple has always been "protein, caffeine and sugar", the three things that I've had to abuse in the past to keep me going at work and I was happy to note that this time I didn't crave the sugar and only had to drink the one cup of coffee to keep me going.  I still had to have my daily dose of scrambled eggs, though.

The icing is I've stayed germ free all winter, even when my coworkers were coughing and sneezing their way through the mornings.  

I credit the brain entrainment for keeping my brain organized and clear.  I have to say I did pretty well with the work shift; I made few if any mistakes and was able to make quick decisions without freaking out.  My brain normally shuts down when exhausted and I rely on sleep to keep my mood up and my thoughts clear.  The Trivedi energy transmissions dealt with that.

So, I'm hooked.  The other day I had to start rationing my coffee because I didn't order enough to get me through the month, and I found that I had started to crave my morning cup, even on my days off.  I'd decided to drink the coffee only while working and drink tea at home, but now that I'm down to my last three cups of coffee I'm debating drinking the hot chocolate until I get another order of coffee.  Because I'm on the automated order system, I have to wait 10 more days to get another box of coffee.  Oh, my, 10 more days.  

I'm tempted to order an extra box right now.  But I'll wait.  I know I can wait.  

There's nothing wrong with cocoa for breakfast, is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment